This is one of my favorite meals to make because it's quick and yummy and there's barely any dishes to clean afterwards! That's a win in my book! The recipe I use is from CooksIllustrated.
- 1 pound zucchini (2 medium) ends trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 lb plum tomatoes (2 medium)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 2 Tsp)
- 1 Tsp fresh oregano (I used parsley)
- 1/8 Tsp red pepper flakes (I always put a bit less)
- 4 TBS white wine (whatever you got on hand)
- 4 skinless cod fillets, 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adjust over rack to lower-middle position and heat over to 450 degrees.
Toss zucchini with 1/2 tsp salt in large bowl; transfer to colander set over bowl. Let stand until zucchini releases 1 to 2 tbs liquid. Dry zucchini with paper towels.
Combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, oregano (or parsley), red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
Cut eight 12-inch sheets of foil; arrange four flat on counter and mound zucchini in center of foil, drizzle with wine. Pat fish dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Place fish on top of veggies and spoon quarter of tomato mixture over fillet.
Place second square foil on top of fish; crimp edges together in 1/2-inch fold, then fold over three more times to create a packet.
Bake packets 15 minutes. Carefully open foil, allowing steam to escape away from you. Using things spatula, gently slide fish and veggies onto plate with any accumulated juices.