Have you tried couscous yet? I have to say, I love the simplicity, versitility and yumminess of it. It is sooooooo easy to make. And if you buy it in a box it will save you even more time.
- Pound of Steam Shrimp - peeled (if you can get the real stuff is way better)
- Box of Near East Couscous Mix (I used the Herbed Chicken Flavor but you can used whichever one you would like)
- 1/2 lb plum tomatoes (2 medium)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 2 Tsp)
- 1 Tsp Parsley Paste
- 1/8 Tsp red pepper flakes (I always put a bit less)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, parsley paste, red pepper flakes and salt & pepper and set aside.
Cook couscous according to the instructions in the box.
While waiting for couscous, make sure to peel your shrimp. I buy mine already steamed at the store which makes it so much easier. However, feel free to steam your own if you'd like.
Once couscous is done, put a portion of it on the plate, place couscous on top of couscous and then divide tomato mixture on top of shrimp. Enjoy!